Vacancy with the Cayman Islands Government
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT MINISTRY OF FINANCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT invites applications for the following position:Director, Central Procurement OfficeSALARY – CI$77,712 – 104,532 PER ANNUM
The post holder will set the vision for Governments procurement and to be accountable for the strategic planning, direction and performance of all procurement functions to enable the Cayman Islands Government to meet corporate business and procurement objectives and financial targets in respect of procurement for the Entire Public Sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Central Procurement Office (CPO) will lead on the development and implementation of new laws, regulations, processes and systems to support the efficient procurement, and contract management.
- The CPO will be responsible for, inter alia, establishing procurement policies and procedures, developing and maintaining standard government procurement documentation, procurement oversight, carrying out some centralized procurement, advising government entities on procurement and training of employees involved in procurement. The CPO will also undertake contract and post implementation reviews.
- Develop the procurement function as an identifiable and credible resource for procurement, determine its activities and resources in association with corporate priorities, prepare an annual business plan for procurement define the priorities and set the key performance targets for the Entire Public Sector.
- Provide expert direction and advice to the Ministers, Chief Officers, Heads of Public Authorities and other senior officers on the procurement approach, options and tactics in all areas of procurement.
- Train government employees involved in procurement in government’s procurement policies and procedures, government’s standard contracts and tender documentation and best procurement practices.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or equivalent e.g. Business, Architecture, Engineering.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS); alternatively where the post holder is able to demonstrate the essential competencies of the Professional Diploma through direct experience, an Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or a Certified Professional In Supply Management (CPSM) from the Institute of Supply Management would be acceptable.
- At least 5 years of senior procurement experience with experience directing procurement activity and managing projects and demonstrate advanced knowledge of procurement and project management standards.
- Prior experience of Public Private Partnerships projects is essential.
- Must have excellent research, analytical and writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to inspire and relate to people at all levels.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law and Regulations, which includes non-contributory pension and health benefits and 25 days annual leave.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Operational Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
3rd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
For application forms and job descriptions please visit our website at www.gov.ky/recruitment
Deadline For Receipt Of Applications: 30th June 2014